Ever wondered what would have been if the world was without mothers? Life would have lifeless and surely, there wouldn't have been population here. Well, most people consider women to be just child bearers, but know that, that is not all, as their utmost responsibility begins when they are blessed with a baby in their arms. Thus, starts the beautiful journey of a mother and her child, which continues until death tears them apart. Such is the bond of a mother which makes her the sweetest and most charming people on earth. While they are sweet, sweeter are their smiles. So, make your mom smile by pasting these famous quotations on various places, where she is sure to come across them, such as mirrors, kitchen cabinets, refrigerator, or even her closet. You may also scribble one or two of these quotations in the very special Mother's Day card that you have made yourself for your mom.
Mother's Day Quotations
Shower your deep love and affection towards your mom with famous Mother's Day quotations. Read on for motherhood quotes and sayings.
Famous Quotations For Mothers Day
- Nobody knows of the work it makes
- Who is getting more pleasure from this rocking, the baby or me?
- All I am or can be I owe to my angel Mother.
- Who ran to help me when I fell,
- That best academy, a mother's knee.
- Is my mother my friend? I would have to say, first of all she is my Mother, with a capital ‘M’; she's something sacred to me. I love her dearly...yes, she is also a good friend, someone I can talk openly with if I want to.
- God could not be everywhere and therefore he made mothers.
- Of all the rights of women, the greatest is to be a mother.
- Youth fades; love droops, the leaves of friendship fall; A mother's secret hope outlives them all.
- You may have tangible wealth untold;
- Hundreds of dewdrops to greet the dawn,
- The sweetest sounds to mortals given
- Mama was my greatest teacher, a teacher of compassion, love and fearlessness. If love is sweet as a flower, then my mother is that sweet flower of love.
- Children and mothers never truly part - Bound in the beating of each other's heart.
- My mother had a slender, small body, but a large heart - a heart so large that everybody's joys found welcome in it, and hospitable accommodation.
- Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body.
To keep the home together.
Nobody knows of the steps it takes,
Nobody knows-but Mother.
- Nancy Thayer
- Abraham Lincoln
And would some pretty story tell,
Or kiss the place to make it well?
- Ann Taylor
- James Russell Lowell
- Sophia Loren
- Jewish Proverb
- Lin Yutang
- Oliver Wendell Holmes
Caskets of jewels and coffers of gold.
Richer than I you can never be -
I had a mother who read to me.
- Strickland Gillilan
Hundreds of bees in the purple clover,
Hundreds of butterflies on the lawn,
But only one mother the wide world over.
- George Cooper
Are heard in Mother, Home, and Heaven.
- William Goldsmith Brown
- Stevie Wonder
- Charlotte Gray
- Mark Twain
- Elizabeth Stone