"Be careful or you may be in real trouble". "Do not spend that much. Money does not grow on trees". "Is this the way to talk to your mom?" Are these some of the popular sayings that you often get to listen from your mother? If yes, then you are not the only one for these are few of those many commoners that mothers across the world utter to give you a better upbringing. Every mother across the world wants the best child when he/she grows up. However, this continues only until the child is an adolescent. Once grown up, momisms seem to be nothing but an opportunity to enjoy a good laugh. And if you are in your marriageable years, then you will probably recall of those recited by your mother so that you can pass it off to your children in the coming years. Such is the love and care of a mother that she goes to every extent to protect her child. On the blissful occasion of Mother's Day, we present you some famous mother sayings to refresh your memories and have a hilarious time together with your mother.
Pay a tribute to your mother with some interesting and enjoyable momisms. Read on to know the tops mother sayings.
- If I talked to my mother like you talk to me....
- What if everyone jumped off a cliff? Would you do it, too?
- You have enough dirt behind those ears to grow potatoes!
- It doesn't matter what you accomplish, I'll always be proud of you.
- Because I'm your mother that's why.
- If I've told you once, I've told you a thousand times.
- If you fall out of that tree and break you leg, don't come running to me.
- No dessert till you clean off your plate.
- Just wait till your father gets back home.
- Wait until you have kids of your own - then you'll understand.
- Bored! How can you be bored? I was never bored at your age.
- Watch your language, or I'll wash your mouth out with soap.
- I spend all day over a hot stove and this is the thanks I get?
- It hurts me more than it hurts you.
- I don't know is NOT an answer.
- It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt.
- Eat your dinner. There are children hungry in Africa.
- Don't chew with your mouth open.
- I'm not everyone else's mother - I'm your mother.
- Don't use that tone with me!
- As long as you live under my roof, you'll listen to my rules.
- What do I look like, your maid?!
- Are you going out dressed like THAT?
- Don't sit so close to the TV - you'll ruin your eyes.
- Some day you'll thank me for this.
- I carried you for nine months...!
- Let me talk to your dad about your behavior.
- Get that thing out of your nose.