Thinking about what to present your mom on Mother's Day this year? Keep the unimaginative gifts and scented soaps and perfumes aside, and show your love and appreciation with a sweet twist this time. Preparing a home-baked cake would be an ideal gift for your mother on this occasion. Give your mother a break from the routine cooking and slip into her shoes for a day. Cook up a lavish meal for her and treat her like the queen. Bake a rich chocolaty cake and let your mother spoil herself in its richness and succulent taste. Couple the cake with a bouquet of flowers and see your mother's heart melt straight away. Learn how to make rich chocolate cake that is extremely fluffy on the touch and moist inside by following any of the two delicious and fudgy recipes listed below. Time to go yummy, mummy!
No Mother's Day celebration can be complete without a chocolate cake. Read through this article and get chocolate cake recipes.
Chocolate Cake Recipe
- 2 cups Flour (unbleached and sifted)
- ½ cup Cocoa
- 2¼ tsp Baking Soda
- ¾ tsp Salt
- ¾ cup Vegetable Shortening
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 1½ cups Dark Corn Syrup
- 3 large Eggs (separated)
- 1½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Coffee (cooled)
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Sift together flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Cream together shortening and sugar in a mixing bowl, stirring continuously until light and fluffy.
- Add corn syrup, egg yolks, and vanilla. Beat well.
- Add the sifted flour mixture, alternating with coffee, while beating the mixture thoroughly.
- Beat egg whites in another bowl until stiff peaks form.
- Fold egg whites into the cake batter.
- Pour batter into a greased baking pan.
- Bake for about 45 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan on rack before icing the cake.
- 200 g plain Flour
- 200 g Caster Sugar
- 4 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- A pinch of Salt
- 5 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1 tsp Vinegar
- 1 small packet of Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 °F (175 °C).
- Grease a 20 cm round cake tin and keep aside.
- Sift together flour, caster sugar, cocoa powder, soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Add vegetable oil, vinegar, and vanilla essence. Beat until smooth.
- Pour the batter into the prepared tin.
- Top up with chocolate chips.
- Bake for around 35-40 minutes, until the cake is springy on the touch and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- In case the toothpick does not come out clean, bake for another 5 minutes and test again.
- Remove the tin from the oven and cool the cake in the tin.
- Slice and serve warm with a dollop of vanilla ice cream on the top.