Mother's Day is an auspicious occasion to enjoy, meet families, and make merry. Besides, it is a holiday time to share some memorable moments while devouring upon yummy and appetizing delicacies. Peanut butter bars are a favorite on every occasion that comes across your festival calendar. Whether it is Christmas, birthday, wedding anniversary, Easter, or even Mother's Day, peanut butter bars are savored and relished by one and all. Moreover, the peanut butter and chocolate that go into their making is actually what people look for while digging into these delicious and appetizing little treats. With two recipes listed below, pick up anyone that you think will satisfy your taste buds to the maximum. While the first recipe is a basic version of preparing peanut butter bars, the second one contains oatmeal which is sure to give you a nice chew of these munchies. Pick your choice!
Entice the taste buds of your mom by making her dig into peanut butter bars made by you, especially for her. Check out the recipes given below.
Peanut Butter Bars Recipe
- 1 cup Peanut Butter
- 6 tbsp Butter
- ¾ cup packed Brown Sugar
- ½ cup White Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3 Eggs
- 1 cup All-purpose Flour
- 2 cups semisweet Chocolate Chips
- Beat peanut butter, butter, brown sugar, and white sugar together in a large mixing bowl until creamy.
- Stir in vanilla extract.
- Add eggs and beat thoroughly.
- Gently fold in flour and blend until smooth.
- Add ¾ cup chocolate chips and stir well.
- Spread the dough in a greased 13x9 inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350 °F (175 °C) for about 20-25 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips.
- Allow the baked mixture to stand for 5 minutes.
- Cool and cut into squares.
- Serve thereafter.
- ¼ lb White Sugar
- ¼ lb Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg
- ¼ lb Butter
- 4 oz Peanut Butter
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- ¼ lb Flour
- 1 cup Oatmeal
- 1½ cups powdered Sugar
- 2 tbsp Cocoa
- ¼ cup Peanut Butter
- 2 tbsp Milk
- ½ tsp Vanilla
- Mix brown sugar, white sugar, egg, butter, peanut butter, baking soda, vanilla, flour, and oatmeal together in a large mixing bowl.
- Spread evenly in a baking pan.
- Bake at 350 °F for about 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the frosting by whisking sugar and cocoa together in a bowl.
- Heat peanut butter, milk, and vanilla in a saucepan on low heat.
- Add sugar-cocoa mixture.
- Remove the baked mixture from the oven and spread the frosting.
- Cool for a while and cut into bars.
- Serve when cooled completely.