Mother's Day is all about honoring and respecting your mother. All people who love and care for their mothers, take Mother's Day as an opportunity to express their heartiest and sincere feelings and emotions for them. As such, everyone indulges in the act of impressing and pleasing their moms by presenting gifts, offering flowers, and even cooking delicacies. If you are looking for a sumptuous and gorgeous delicacy to serve for lunch or dinner on Mother's Day, then lamb is the perfect food. Preparing lamb is not at all difficult, especially if you are cooking leg of lamb. Aromatic, scrumptious, and lip-smacking, leg of lamb is a perfect temptation to satiate your taste buds, particularly your mother. Given here are two recipes for cooking one of the most classic and savored foods in the world - leg of lamb. Go through them and check out which one satisfies your mom the most.
If your mom loves to eat, then treating her with the leg of lamb dish would be truly fascinating. Check out leg of lam recipe in this article.
Leg Of Lamb Recipe
- 6 lb Leg of Lamb (well-trimmed)
- 5 Garlic Cloves (peeled and thinly sliced)
- 20 small sprigs of fresh Rosemary
- 20 small sprigs of fresh Sage
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- Make thin and deep slits all over the leg of lamb with the help of a small, sharp knife.
- Insert garlic slivers, rosemary and sage sprigs into the slits.
- Drizzle olive oil all over the leg of lamb.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Allow it to marinate at room temperature for about 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425 °F.
- Place the leg of lamb on the rack set in a roasting pan.
- Cook for one hour.
- Remove from oven and cool for ten minutes before slicing.
- 1 Leg of Lamb
- 250 ml Meat Stock
- 4 Black Peppercorns (crushed)
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 Onions
- 3 cloves Garlic (chopped)
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 tbsp Tomato Puree
- 150 ml dry White Wine
- 1 tbsp Flour
- 1 tsp Corn Flour
- Salt (to taste)
- A pinch of ground Caraway
- Make crisscross cuts on the leg of lamb using a sharp knife.
- Stuff the cuts with chopped garlic.
- Mix together flour, salt, lemon juice, peppercorns, tomato puree, and caraway in a bowl.
- Apply this mixture to the leg of lamb and coat well. Keep aside to marinate for 12 hours.
- Heat olive oil in a roasting pan.
- Place the leg of lamb, onions, and half of meat stock.
- Roast in the oven at 240 °C for 20 minutes.
- Reduce the temperature to 200 °C and roast for another 30 minutes.
- Add the remaining meat stock and white wine in between roasting the lamb.
- Transfer the leg of lamb in a serving plate.
- Combine the remaining juices with corn flour and little water.
- Drizzle over the hot steaming leg of lamb and serve immediately.