The very mention of Mother's Day infuses an essence of festivity and joviality in our hearts. After all, it is a time to honor and respect the most wonderful and beautiful person in the world - mother. Mothers are so special in one's life that they are bestowed upon with the highest position in everyone's hearts. They are our friends, mentors, role models, and care takers. Hence, on the delightful occasion of Mother's Day, everyone looks out for the most special and unique gift to present their mothers. To take a different route, you can prepare a lavish meal for your mom, giving her some time off from the daily cooking job. Listed here is the recipe of making apple almond pancakes, which your momma would surely love to indulge in. With the goodness of apples and richness of almonds, these pancakes will definitely satiate your mom's cravings. Read on.
Prepare delicious apple almond pancakes for mom on this Mother's Day. With this article, explore easy apple almond pancakes recipe.
Apple Almond Pancakes Recipe
- ½ cup Whole Wheat Flour
- ½ cup Unbleached Flour
- 1 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1½ tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 2 Eggs (separated)
- 4 tbsp Oil
- ½ cup Buttermilk
- ½ cup Apple Juice
- ¼ cup chopped Almonds
- Mix whole wheat flour, unbleached flour, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt together in a large mixing bowl.
- Beat egg yokes, oil, buttermilk, and apple juice well in a separate bowl.
- Stir it into the flour mixture and beat until all the ingredients are moistened.
- Gently fold in almonds.
- Beat egg whites until stiff and fold into the batter.
- Add a spoonful of the mixture in a hot greased griddle.
- Flip over when bubbles appear.
- Remove and transfer into a serving plate.
- Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Makes about 8 to 10 pancakes.
- 4 Golden Apples (cored and sliced ¼" thick)
- 3 tbsp Honey
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp Nutmeg
- ¼ cup Almonds
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Egg Whites
- ½ cup Nonfat Milk
- 1 tbsp Canola Oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 tbsp grated Orange Zest
- ¼ cup All-purpose Flour
- ¼ cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 tbsp powdered Sugar
- Preheat oven to 425 °F.
- Grease two 9-inch pie pans with cooking spray and set aside.
- Place a large nonstick skillet on medium flame and coat with cooking spray.
- Add apple slices and sauté until they turn slightly soft and brown in spots, stirring occasionally.
- Add honey, cinnamon, nutmeg, and almonds. Stir well and cook until the apples turn tender and mixture gets syrupy, for about 5 minutes.
- Take a large mixing bowl and combine together eggs, egg whites, milk, canola oil, vanilla, and orange zest. Beat until well blended.
- Fold in all-purpose flour and whole wheat flour and beat until smooth.
- Divide the batter amongst the two prepared pans.
- Pour apple almond mixture on top.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, until golden brown and puffed.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle powdered sugar.
- Slice the pancake into half and serve instantly.
- This recipe serves 4 people.